
This is my domestic disaster. I tried to make home-made bread on Saturday. This was the final product. I don't know where I went wrong...maybe it was because I was watching BYU destroy San Diego State at the same time. I looked about as bad as the bread by the time I gave up and threw it away. Dave comforted me by telling me that I'm not a quitter, I'm just a failure and it's better to be a failure than a quitter. He also surprised me with roses today, so don't be too hard on him. :)

Sam sucked on the tootsie roll for about 5 minutes. It was the only thing that could keep him happy-until we realized that he bit off the end and was sucking on the candy. He wasn't happy after we took it away. Oh well-it seemed like a grand idea for a while.

Sam is beginning to eat "solid foods", i.e. rice cereal. We should have taken a picture the first time we fed him because Dave took over while I fixed dinner and Sam was a big mess after that one.

I think he likes the spoon more than anything. When there isn't a camera in his face he grabs the spoon and pulls it into his mouth.

Sam is also beginning to keep his balance when we sit him up. The other night he wobbled back and forth for a couple of minutes before he finally fell over. The video shows a less successful sitting practice for Sam.
4 comments:
Dont feel bad about the bread. That is why God made bread machines :)Oh, and dont feel bad about the candy either. I caught Jeff feeding Callie icecream when she was only 4 months (when we all lived in UTah). I asked him what he was doing and he said, "well, she wanted some." Nice.
How that bread disaster evolved is beyond me. It was quite the bowl of junk. We all know that sometimes the only thing that we can do is toss the whole mess. Who am I to say anything about eating candy. My motto: "The sooner the better" Mom:)
I looove that face Sam is making in the middle picture! I could just eat him up. Speaking of eating, my first breadsticks were all wrong—but I've made them several times since and they are just dandy. So don't be a quitter :)
Patti atleast you TRY to be domestic, I've never even tried to make bread before. Your little guy is so cute! I love that he sucked the tootsie roll tip off.
Post a Comment