Monday, June 8, 2015

Thomas turns 5!


It's official!  Thomas is ready for kindergarten now that he is 5 years old.  He told me, "It's strange!  I am 5 now, but I still feel like I'm 3 years old!"  I'm not exactly sure what he meant by that, but it made me laugh.  For his birthday dinner Thomas wanted Macaroni and Cheese for dinner (the same thing I asked for as a kid).  He also loves grapes.  Edamame was not part of his list, but it got added by me.    


I think Thomas liked all of his presents.  Dave is the expert present buyer for the kids, and he pulled through once again.  Sam (and I) worked hard to make a picture book made by taking pictures of Lego picture books we have.  The story is a little hard to follow, but it's original!



Finally, a natural smile!  I love this picture!  And I love this boy!  Thomas is sweet and conscientious.  Just last week he used his money to buy a pack of gum for himself, and another pack for Sam, just because he wanted to make Sam happy.  That's pretty typical of him.  He's becoming a great reader and soccer player.  He's always been a great sleeper. :)  He is my cheerful sidekick when I have to run errands, and he does his best to keep his sister happy during those errands too.  Right now Thomas is brimming with self-confidence.  It's not uncommon to hear him say things like, "I'm so good at this!" or "Look what I can do!" or "My team was so good because of me!" without an ounce of guile or arrogance.  He's just purely excited.  He can throw a terrific tantrum if he's tired or hungry (My favorite one recently was because I folded his quesadilla in half rather than leaving it open face.  I think he yelled for more than an hour until he finally cried it out and felt better.)  But they are few and far between.  His loves right now are legos, hot wheels, strawberry milk, waffles, and mac'n cheese.  And screen time.  We feel so lucky to have this young man in our family!



The bliss of having a back yard!  You don't appreciate it until you've gone without it!  
I'm not too good at throwing parties, but kids are pretty easy to please.  I think they had fun.  And Thomas loved having friends over, and he loved the presents he got.

This little pool was a little cozy!  But the boys didn't seem to care.  


Dave, ever the good sport, was the target for the water balloons.  Of course, he was a target with  a good catch so he wasn't the only one getting wet.


I think I forgot to tell him to make a wish....

No comments: