Last night Dave went to sleep around 11:00 while I put Sam to sleep. It took me a while to fall asleep afterwards, and I read until about 12:40. At about 12:30 Dave suddenly pushed up off his stomach, looked right at me and said, "I hope we don't squish Sam." I laughed and explained that he wasn't even in the bed. Dave kind of stared at me for a second, put his head down, and then back up again to look at me again. He then tugged at the pillow behind my head and said, "He's right here...he's behind you." Then he laid back down, sound asleep, and didn't respond to my laughter and questions.
A couple of months ago we had a similar experience. This time we were both asleep and Dave suddenly shoved his arms under me like a forklift. I started awake but fell back asleep before I even knew what had happened. Then he did the same thing a couple of hours later. This time I asked him, "What are you doing?!" He replied, "Just making sure you're not sleeping on Sam-it's silly I know." Of course he had no idea he had done this the next morning.
1 comment:
Hey! Come and get apples! and your blog is adorable.
We need to have a dinner together.
Post a Comment