Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sam's Birthday!

Last Wednesday was Sam's birthday! I must say, I never knew I loved kids until I had Sam and of course I just think he is the cutest little boy in the world. I know, I know, I'm definitely biased, but really-he's so dang cute. Anyway, we had a little birthday party with Dave's parents, sister, aunt and Grandma on Saturday. Here are some highlights.

Sam opening his presents:




The cake: Be sure to notice the cake in his mouth. (The camera ran out of memory when we tried to get a video of it, so a picture will have to do. Plus Sam took forever to get around to eating it so it might have been a boring video anyway.)

Another highlight was when Aunt Val showed up with the dogs. Sam loves the little shih tzu dogs, Twig and Otto. The funniest thing (and grossest) was when Sam had his mouth wide open and Otto (the dog) came and gave Sam a nice wet doggy kiss on his wide open mouth. Unfortunately we didn't get that on camera.

Thank you everyone for all of Sam's nice presents!

Here are a few other pictures from the last couple of weeks:


Sam really likes to put on the oven mitt lately, I guess because he sees me do it. And he has always loved to play with the ladle, spoons, or whatever kitchen items he can get his hands on. I hope this continues and he's a master chef by the time he's 10 so that I don't have to cook anymore. :)

Another thing Sam really likes lately is to pull EVERYTHING out of my makeup bag. It's motivation to clean it out at least. For some reason we put him in the sink this time.


This is a video of Sam's strange behavior...



This is a video of Sam figuring out how to walk with shoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam!! We miss you. Emma sends kisses.