It's also fun because we are surrounded by Asians! The vast majority of people living in family housing are Chinese so we hear Chinese a lot. It's so fun to try to understand what they're saying. (I have a vocabulary of probably 100 words.) It makes me want to keep working at it. I'm afraid to say the wee bit I know in Chinese to anyone because then they might think I know a lot and start talking and I'll have no idea what they are saying.
Dave started classes on Thursday. So far getting a PhD is a breeze! I'm sure it will change.
Sam and Thomas have adjusted well. Sam still has been waking up too early, but Dave is wonderful and get's in Sam's bed while Sam plays in his (Sam's) room so that I can sleep in. I love my husband. And now for some pictures.
Thomas rolled over for the first time about 3 weeks ago I think. He's done it probably 5 or 10 times since then, but I don't think he really knows that he can do it. He just happens to do it sometimes. When he gets going he just rolls over the instant I put him on his tummy...again and again and again. Other times he gets stuck. He's no anorexic baby like Sam, as you can tell.
Oh and one more minor thing. Dave graduated! Congratulations graduate! (Cum Laude, no less.) We even got our picture taken with the President. When we told him where we were going for school he said, "Well...remember who you are and what you stand for." He was relieved Dave is doing engineering because "those people are reasonable."

Being a baby is kind of like being a cat. All you do is sleep, eat, and lay around.
And Sam enjoying some of our "California Survival Kit" from the Walters.


5 comments:
Congrats Dave!! You guys are going to love the unique time that grad school is. Cherish it, because nothing else will ever quite be the same. There is something wonderful about being dirt poor and striving for something very difficult and almost unattainable. The key word...almost.
So glad to see you guys made it safe! wishing you all the luck!
I'm sad you guys are gone, but excited for your new adventure!! Stay in touch!!
PATTI!!! I can't believe you have my blog on your list and all this time I had no idea you had a blog! :D
You are so grown up, I can hardly believe it I can't believe you have kids the same age as mine. What a beautiful woman you have become. I am so impressed with you!
I had an awesome time with your parents yesterday. I am so glad they were able to come visit us!
Good luck at grad school. :D
I hope to meet your family someday!
How exciting! Your family has change a lot since we were last in touch! But I guess time just keeps moving on! I can't believe Thomas is already rolling over. Where did you guys move to? Which school did Dave get accepted to...(these are all questions coming from Jeremy) We are so proud of you guys. We wish you luck on your new chapter of life!
Post a Comment