Tuesday, August 3, 2010

fishing and getting ready

Sam had his very first fishing trip with Grandpa Edwards. He has his very own pair of polarized-lense sunglasses for this and many fishing trips to come.




Thomas is getting stronger, and still looking like and old man. He's about 2 months old in this picture. Last Sunday was 1 month from his due date.
His hair kind of looks red in this picture below, but it's not. It must just be the lighting.
The result of letting Sam sleep un-contained. It doesn't happen as much now that the novelty has worn off.

Well last week we watched our next door neighbors, the Andersons, drive their U-Haul off to California. It made our upcoming move seem a little more real. The next day Sam told me, "Scout move." (Then a pause for dramatic effect.) "Sad." (Scout is the Anderson's two-year old daughter.)

I'm getting really sad about starting all over and leaving friends and family. I have had great neighbors and friends here! For the first time in my life I actually think I may have a preference for returning to Utah. Before I just felt neutral about it. Anyway, we'll see where life takes us. So far we have sold our futon (we're getting free couches from Dave's mom-hooray!), our washer and dryer, and we have a buyer for my car.

4 comments:

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

I'm sad the Andersons are gone. Scout was Chasey's little crush. We are really going to miss you guys too, but you are moving on to bigger and better! Just remember I will be your Mary Kay lady wherever you are!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I feel for you guys. But grad school is a whole other fun experiance. It really was like a little Utah,....but different. You will make instant friends and have a great time. Best advice: you are only going to be there for a few years, so see everything, do everything, and do weekend trips around the area to see what is there. Sometimes we had to go with out JEff because he was too busy, but that was ok.

Wendy said...

You know, it was all I could do to not burst into tears the other day when I stopped by your house in the car. I'm going to miss you guys soooo much!!

The Gubler Family said...

Wow! I have pretty much been gone this whole summer. I totally missed your babies birth. Congratulation. He is so cute. We are sure going to miss you guys in our ward.