At our ward Christmas party Sam wouldn't sit on Santa's lap, but by the time we flew for Christmas visits Sam was ready. Southwest had FREE pictures with Santa! We didn't pay for the picture to be taken or to be emailed to us. There really wasn't a catch-it was just free! Sam and Thomas look equally excited to be sitting with Santa.Dave finished his finals on Thursday. On Friday we flew to Portland for Jeff's wedding. On Saturday Jeff and Lizzie got married (Hooray!) in the Portland temple. It was a very nice wedding. We couldn't be happier for them both! On Sunday we spent the night in "Uncle Dan" Bean's home, which was formerly my Grandma Hinman's home in Oregon City. In my mind, there are no better people than the Beans. I was happy to hear Dave express the same sentiments after meeting them. I hope I can learn to be as warm and inviting as they are.
On Monday we flew to West Virginia to spend some time with my family. It was great. I was ready for a vacation and this was just the vacation I was hoping for.
Watching "Joy to the World" on Christmas morning. Good idea Grandpa!
Sam-he's such a cutie!!!
We got lots of snow while we were there and the kids (and Vid whose collar bone was recently broken and operated on) built an igloo in the front yard. I didn't get any pictures of it though!
We stayed with my parents for about a week (21 people in a 5 bed-room house!). My parents, just like the last Christmas we were there, kindly slept on the couch-bed in the living room to give the master bedroom to someone with young kids.
From West Virginia we went to Utah to visit Dave's family. We had a blast there as well. The relaxing vacation continued. We even got to go see a Jazz game. The following pictures are of Sam and Dave playing in the snowy back-yard.
We made it back safe and sound. Dave's classes don't start until the 18th so he's been going in to work half days which has been so nice. We love it! How will I survive when he goes back full time? We shall see. We love visitors!!!
4 comments:
What fun pictures! I'm glad you had such a great vacation. It was good catching up a little the other day. We miss you!
Elijah . . . wouldn't that be a treat? I think we missed him, though. :)
WOW! you guys were over the place. I am sorry that we missed each other. Oh, and I love the picture of Sam in his pajamas.
We miss you guys! Glad Christmas went well.
~Sarah
Wow, that was one LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG post :). First, YAY for FREE with no catches!! Second, I didn't know Jeff was getting married! Let alone GOT married! That's exciting! What do you think of the woman? Third, I love the picture of Thomas and Garrett :D
Post a Comment