Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lake Powell-I needed that!


A couple of weeks ago we were in Lake Powell with Dave's family. It was a good vacation.

(I have been needing a little more fun in my life lately. We're starting a Friday night date swap with some friends so that should be fun too.

Being a mom is work. Yesterday I was talking with a friend who works full-time and has no children and we both just feel like we need a little something to look forward to each week so we don't get so burned out. I think we were both a little surprised that the other person's situation wasn't a solution to the problem. But, that's not the point of this post.)

The house-boat had a slide on it. To my surprise, Sam agreed to go down with me. The next
two pictures are from that. He let go of his nose just before we hit the water, so he didn't like it much. But he did manage to smile when he heard everyone cheering for him when we came up.
Duke named this photo: "The Three Mariners".
I love this picture below. I couldn't help but include it.

These crazy cliff jumpers. We all have life-jackets, for the record.

I used the old "husband and two kids" excuse and went for the lower ledge. These ledges were so much bigger in person.


Thomas and wonderful Aunt Lizzi.
Thomas and wonderful Grandma T. Thanks for all the help!

Too many pictures-I know.

It was a lot of fun. Highlights included:

The tubing ride of my life. (Thanks Jeff and Lizzi.)
Those few minutes we slept.
Relaxing/all the help with kids.
Our very own Uncle Rico look-alike.
When we realized that Thomas would play happily in the pack 'n play for a long time.
Going down the slide with Sam.
Delicious dinners.
The squall. Seeing Spencer and Marvin swim after the pillow and sleeping bag.
Talking and enjoying each other's company.


2 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Wow! This looks like a fantastically fun trip!

Anonymous said...

What a fun family trip! Wish I could have been there to see you guys!