Monday, August 1, 2011

My loves!

I love free stuff. Especially if it's good free stuff.

We got this microwave stand from some friends. It was grey which I didn't love. I mentioned to my sister, lovingly known as CreativelyChristy, that I was considering painting it red. She said, "Go for it!" So I did! And I'm glad. It's nice to have a consultant for things like this.



Before I painted it I told Dave I was going to do it because our kitchen colors are red and yellow. He looked around the kitchen and said, "There's nothing red in here." He failed to notice a few small details of red, but anyway, that's why I needed to paint it red! It's nice as a microwave stand because counter space is sparse and because now we have a place to stick our shoes when we come in.

And now for my first loves: Dave, Sam and Thomas. I couldn't decide which was my favorite picture, so here are all 3.




4 comments:

Christy said...

Yay! It looks great! I'm glad you did it. Don't you feel daring and successful now? So fun.

Wendy said...

Ooh, that is a wonderful microwave stand! Nice painting! And I love your other loves!

Mellises said...

Just checking in Patti! Your family is so cute! And I love that you painted your microwave stand red. Remember our apartment colors? :)

Heidi Perez said...

So COOL!!! Way to go w/ the painting!! (I knew your colors were red and yellow. ;) Speaking of which, I've been meaning to tell you: I heard/read about someone who loves the color combo of orange, yellow, & green. And it got me thinking... 'Patti's kitchen is yellow and red. I wonder how red, orange, and yellow would look in her kitchen...' Anywho, just thought it might be fun. :)