Yesterday we returned from a trip to Utah. It was a fun-filled trip.
We arrived on Thursday the 7th. On Friday we were discussing with the Edwards family when to celebrate Sam's birthday (which was on Sunday the 10th). Since Sunday was Hinman family time, we were thinking of Monday or Tuesday, but Sam finally whispered into Dave's ear, "Let's celebrate my birthday tonight!" So we did just that. First Sam and I went to 7 Peaks with some of his cousins. I wish I had gotten pictures of that. It was a blast. Thanks again Christy and Ryan for sharing your pass with me. I did manage to burn a hole in my swimsuit and my back going down a slide, but it was worth it.
Saturday we went to the church history museum so Duke could show Sam and Thomas the death masks of Joseph and Hyrum Smith. They enjoyed playing in the kids area there. We had lunch in the City Creek Center.
The Hinmans went bowling sans children at the BYU. Dave had a good game-149. I bowled terribly-50. Yes, you read that right. 50. By the 5th frame I had 7 gutter balls and 11 points. Thanks mom and dad for using up your American money on us!
Nothing like a little bowling and Jamba Juice. Ah, BYU, you have it all don't you.
Sunday I went to church at Pete and Tiffany's ward with them, mom and dad, and Tanya. It was fun to see some familiar faces and to spend a little extra time with the fam. Dave and the kids went to church in Sandy with the Edwards family and drove down to Orem for dinner after Thomas's nap. For Hinman Sunday dinner Tanya made a birthday cake for Sam. We both knew a cake made by her would be way better than a cake made by me. I just hope Sam forgets about it before his next birthday. We don't want to go raising the bar on birthday cakes. Below is the cake-it's a train!
Some of the cousins. Naomi, Sam, Thomas, Ashton, and Emma. We're missing Jason, Ava, Ezra, and babies John and David who were all there too. Of course that doesn't include the rest of the Michaelis kids and Powells who were not there. We missed you guys!
Sunday night I spent with Heidi. It was fun to stay up late talking about anything and everything. She took me to a delicious frozen yogurt place across from University mall. I've been craving it ever since.
Monday night we left the kids with our kids' favorite babysitter, Auntie Val. We went with Duke and Teresa to a movie. Monday was also the day my parents entered the MTC. I got a call from them Monday night updating me on all the luxuries senior missionaries enjoy.
Tuesday morning I met Kristin and Wendy at a park in Lehi. I chose the park in Lehi in order to shorten my drive, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Denise Gasser at the park too. It was fun to run into her.
Tuesday night we went to a Bee's baseball game with Jeff and Lizzi and Melanie and George. Lizzi-I'd love to get those pictures from you. :)
Wednesday we went camping. The bean bag toss was not to be forgotten.
The girls opted out of spending the night. Sounds like that was a good decision based on how well Mr. Thomas slept. Thursday morning Thomas was rewarded with a donut for breakfast, and the tail-less squirrel (on the bottom right of the first pic) was hoping to get some too by the looks of it. That plump little squirrel clearly knows where to find good food.
Thursday morning Lizzi, Teresa, and I were rewarded with shopping.
Thursday night we got to have some time to ourselves with Mom and Dad. We ate at Wingers in Orem. I really enjoyed that. I am so grateful that I have always known my parents love me.
Friday morning we visited Grandma Edwards. We hoped to swim, but the pool was closed! Closed! How dare they! It was nice to visit though, and the J-Dawgs weren't bad either.
Thomas coloring. Thank goodness he picked up this habit before this trip because it really helped keep him entertained during the drive.
And Thomas with the purple sunglasses on the drive home.
It seemed to go so quickly.



1 comment:
No fair! You're not supposed to be in Provo without me! I want a Patti date! It really killed me seeing you at BYU and I wasn't anywhere near. Also, did I miss a post? I don't remember hearing about your parents' mission call?! Where are they going?
Also, this is not really the place for this, but I had a serious pang of missing you the other day. I just needed a best friend. Why do we live so far apart???
Post a Comment