Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Magical Land of Disney


One day the Bairs invited us to join them for a little trip to the Marina, and a walk on the pier.  There is just nothing cuter to me than kids holding hands.  I have no idea why Thomas and Isaac started holding hands, but as soon as they did I started taking pictures. Also, you might notice that Thomas has layers upon layers of shirts.  Thankfully, that phase has ended. :)

 Before our Michaelis cousins left us to move to the land of Cougars, we made a trip to the Jelly Belly Factory.  We miss you cousins!

 We recently got a helmet for Thomas.  To everyone's delight, it came with elbow and knee pads.  For the first day or two, these accessories were quite the hit.  I think if I saw someone else's kid wearing these, I might think they looked nerdy.  But I just think Thomas looks adorable!  I guess that's called being a mom.

For my own record, I should probably note that two weeks before we went to Disneyland, Sam and I talked about setting a goal to read some books.  Somehow we ended up setting a goal to read 100 books in the two weeks before we left to Disneyland.  He read 2 books that night, and then 7 books a day for 2 weeks.  It was a little overly-ambitious, I'll admit.  And we almost modified our goal a few days in, but we stuck with it and he did it.  The prize:  Jelly Bellies (from Costco).

The next few pictures are from the magical land of Disney.  We got to go with Dave's parents and Rachel, which was a blast.  The kids had fun.  Sam wants to go back to get the mint-chocolate-chip ice cream we had on the last night.  When we ask Thomas if he had fun, he says yes.  When we ask if he wants to go back he says no.  I think some of the rides were a little scary for him, but he loved the carousels, and the astro-blaster.

 Thomas, myself, and Dave. Don't ask me where Thomas gets his Asian eyes from.
And as a side note, I know I'm only 28, but I feel like 28 has been the year of aging.  I just don't look young anymore.  It's...strange.

 Dave and the boys soon after we got there.

 Thomas' favorite ride-the carousel.  Thomas, Me, Teresa.

 Rachel, Sam, Teresa
 Thomas met Lightning McQueen.  It's kind of funny to watch kids meet him because occasionally he would rev his engine which would usually lead to the child jumping away and/or crying.  So you know, if you think crying kids are funny, then it's funny to watch.

 Rachel and Sam riding the Radiator Springs Racing ride (is that what it's called?)  Dave saved us a 3.5 hour wait by standing in the fast-pass line for us as soon as we got to the park at 7:15 AM.  CRAZY.  Thanks to my wonderful husband.

Sam said his favorite rides were It's a Small World and the Astroblaster.  Sam also rode the Matterhorn and Splash Mountain.  He was happy after he rode the Matterhorn, though he didn't want to do it again.  But after he rode Splash Mountain, he was pretty grumpy.  But for the most part, the kid loved Disneyland.

Also, thanks to Greg, Diane, Jen, and Nicole.  It was so fun to see you all again!  We love your family and your kids, and our kids love your kids.  Thanks again!

4 comments:

Heidi Perez said...

Oh you. Crying kids are always hilarious! ...unless they're your own... then they're only sometimes funny. :D
Love you!!

Andrea said...

I'm glad you guys are enjoying California. We miss you guys here. And you do not look old! And crying kids are funny. The elephant statue at the zoo will randomly make noise and shoot water out of it's nose my boys think it's hilarious to stand there and watch the other kids cry because the other kids don't know it's going to happen.

Teresa said...

Ha, age has nothing to do with aging. That is accomplished by having children. Duke and I looked 20 until we started having children. You still radiate youth, energy, hope and beauty.

Teresa said...

Ha, age has nothing to do with aging. That is accomplished by having children. Duke and I looked 20 until we started having children. You still radiate youth, energy, hope and beauty. Loved Disneyland. Wish that wonderful trip was still ahead rather then finished.