Well, I'm going to try to catch up. Here are some pictures from the summer.
We made a zoo trip with the Diases and Bairs. Above: Alexis, Thomas, Isaac climbing on the big red frogs.
Sam, Isaac, and Thomas
Chalk Paint
Bowling! The kids loved it!
We went to the Bay Area Discovery Museum. That place is great for kids. And what a great view of the bridge disappearing into the fog.
More Discovery Museum.
I can't believe how long Thomas' hair is! Who let it get that long?!
Still at the Discovery Museum. Makes you wish you lived in the Bay, doesn't it (Tanya)? (J/K Miss you!)
Ice cream Sundays! Sam doused his in maraschino cherry juice. Bleh!
Thomas fell asleep coloring. That's a first for our family I think. He hasn't adopted Sam's sleep philosophy which seems to be "Never give in."
For the 4th we watched fireworks with friends. It was the first time we've stayed up late with the kids to do it. They LOVED it. At around 8:30 Sam started commenting how it was past all of our bed times, even Mommy and Daddy. Throughout the actual fireworks Sam said things like, "Oooooooooh. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Woooooooooooow." Thomas spent some time with his head under the blanket, but also with his above it for a good part of it too. Afterwards he declared, "I was brave about it." And he was.
Cute Maddie!
Thomas giving Sam the heimlich, apparently. When did this happen? I don't remember it...maybe Dave took this picture.
Is it time for fireworks yet? Maybe we should take more pictures to amuse ourselves.
Cami, Brian, Claire, and Maddie. So glad we know these people!
The Bigelows-Lucy's parents! (I feel like I've posted plenty of pictures of her, but none of her parents). Before we moved here we knew that another LDS family, the Bigelows, were moving into the same building we were. I couldn't help but imagine all the things we'd experience together and the friendship we'd form. And guess what, I was right! They bail us out when we lock ourselves out of our apartment (I think only once so far), and they bail us out when we have a cookie craving but no cookies. And when Ben came home to discover me in their empty apartment borrowing chocolate chips, he just smiled and said ok when I tried to explain myself. (I had the go-ahead from Sophie, but I'm pretty sure I looked really guilty.) We've been really lucky to have moved here at the same time as the Reschkes, Roeders, and Bigelows.
King Lamoni (Sam) falling to the earth (surrounded by Lamanite arms).
Kite Festival. It's always windy, so some genius decided to make money off of it. :)
Braeden's birthday at Pump It Up. (Gemma, Sam, Spencer, Braeden, Alexa)
I'm so sad this picture is fuzzy because I think it's so cute! Alexa and Maud.
That's it for now!
That's it for now!

























4 comments:
Oh those are so fun! I love the lamanite arms. I miss you! Wish I could've fenagled our schedule in July to come visit!
I don't think I ever went to the Discovery Museum! Drat! I suppose we'll have to go back. :) We miss you, too. I love the way you write things, and I liked the Lamanite arms, also. Miss you!
So fun to see you guys doing everything in the Bay Area that we used to love to do! Red frogs! Kite festival. Love that place.Your kids are adorable.
That discovery Museum looks like a lot of fun!
Looks like everyone enjoyed their summer :).
Post a Comment