Last week Sam apparently had a very educational experience when I stopped by a friend's house for about 15 minutes to drop something off. She has a little boy, William, who is 16 months old I think. While we were there, Sam stood for the first time without holding on to anything. Since then he's been testing the waters a little bit more each day. He's still not really good at it, but that hasn't kept him from trying to take steps. He's actually been successful at taking two to four steps before falling. I guess he saw William doing it and he didn't want to be left out. My sister, Tanya, and her kids have also been in town and he's seen them a few times so that may also have helped encourage him to want to walk. Anyway, we've tried to get some video of it, but unsuccessfully. We'll be sure to post when we get some good video. That's the most exciting thing he's learned.
But also while I was at my friend's house she told me that lately William will grab his blanket when he's tired and lay down on it. Sam has never done that before until the last couple of days. Maybe he understands more than I think....I also tried to get a picture of that, but every time I pulled out the camera he sat up.
This is a video of Sam playing peekaboo with me by holding the blanket in front of his face. I guess he learned that from me because sometimes I'll hold it in front of my face and play peekaboo. He catches on quickly!
This is one of the not-so-good videos of Sam taking steps.
3 comments:
Love the hair! You look so sophisicated (Sp?)
Oh I LIKE the hair! It looks great! I'm so glad you put up photos!
Hey Patti! You and your son are sooo cute! Do you mind if I put a link to your blog on mine? Hope things are going well, you look happy!
Post a Comment