Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sam Sam the Climbing Man

Fun in the kitchen sink.





This is a diaper box, also known as the "Sam Train". How cute is that smile!

Sam has recently discovered how useful climbing can be. One of his new favorite things to do is to climb on the back of the couch and look out the window. He also enjoys falling from that spot onto the couch. A couple videos of this follow.

Last night he had a more traumatic climbing experience. Sam always falls asleep with a binky in his mouth, so last night I just thought we'd see what happens if we didn't give him one. Who knows, maybe he'd just fall asleep without it, right? Wrong. After 10 or 15 minutes of we decided to go give him a pacifier because he was really starting to sound mad, and we really don't care that much if he uses a binky at night. So Dave opened the door and Sam was standing at the door, not in his crib! Apparently our little climber climbed his way out of the crib, and I'm sure it wasn't a soft landing. He was VERY upset with us. We were so sad and felt really bad! He hasn't been behaving strangely yet so we don't think it did any damage. We lowered the mattress in the crib today, although I'd be surprised if he does it again. Poor little Sam! I think he's already forgotten about it though...








4 comments:

Angi said...

Oh my goodness Patti! I can't believe Sam climbed out of his crib. He's too young to be doing things like that, right? What a crazy little guy!

Anonymous said...

Shriek! That is scary. Emma started climbing out at 18 months. And once they figure it out, there is nothing you can do. Switching to a toddler bed isnt too bad, unless you like your sleep.

Wendy said...

Yay, I found you! He is so cute!

Hinmans @ Swiss Mission said...

He must get that from Jenne. We used to find her, for instance, on top of the fridge at Grandma's! Rots of ruck!