Sunday, September 9, 2012

August Fun

Get ready for a lot of pictures.  
 
Block tower at grandma's.                                    Cute brothers helping me cook.

   
Went to the steam trains one day.                            Harvesting carrots.
    Brotherly love? or choking?     
   Grandma T and Rachel visit. Feeding sheep at Little Farm.

                         More Little Farm

Chabot Space and Science Center with Grandma T and Rachel.  We got pizza at a yummy place and found a nice park and ate lunch afterwards.



We went to Habitot with some friends.  Sam and Spencer below.

Sam broke his arm...sort of.  It's actually a buckle, so I guess it's not actually broken.  But usually they would cast it.  But since Sam seemed to have very little pain, the doctor thought he was recovering well enough not to need a cast.  I was happy because it meant I didn't have to take him back to the doctor.  It wasn't even very exciting how he did it.  He was climbing shelves in the closet (I know, that maybe sounds negligent, but they're sturdy and built into the closet) to put Thomas's binky in the top shelf of the closet where Thomas can't reach.  He jumped down (we didn't see him land) and started crying and holding his arm.  That was on Saturday.

There was no swelling or bruising, and he seemed to be playing normally.  But Monday night when I was helping him put his arm through his sleeve of his pajamas, I must have moved it just right (or wrong) and he immediately grabbed his arm and cried in pain.  So we took him to the doctor Tuesday.  But I have to say, Tuesday morning before I took him in I was paying more attention to whether or not he was using his arm normally.  He was hanging from a bar with both arms and with his feet in the air above his head.  So it didn't seem to be causing him much pain.  I think Sam was pretty excited at the doctor's office.  Getting an x-ray was probably the highlight.


Sam being so helpful and changing Thomas's diaper (in his undies no less).

 This was the best idea we had for the trip to/from Utah.  We tied a basketball hoop to the driver's headrest and then put Thomas's blanket under it so it would roll back to him most of the time.  (Thanks Cami for the blanket idea.)

 
 One of Thomas's girlfriends, Maddie.  They walked holding hands for probably 5 minutes.  I hope Lucy doesn't find out!


 We went to Off the Grid (or food trucks as we call it) in the city with Teresa and Rachel when they were here.  It was fun!
Maddie, Isaac, and Thomas all crammed into a tent, happy as can be!

 
Thomas had a sad moment while we were leaving the library a week ago.  He must have been looking somewhere other than the direction he was walking.  He smacked right into a big sign.  The poor kid got knocked to the ground.  It would have been funny if he hadn't been hurt.  Thank goodness he missed his eye.
Thomas decided to just try these shoes to see if they would fit.  After he put them on he said cheerfully, "They're too big!"  I wasn't sure until he tried them on.

I also wanted to write what Sam told me as my birthday was approaching.  He told me, "When me and Daddy go shopping for your birthday you can hide under the table.  And when we get back, after we wrap the presents, then you can get out."  What a birthday treat!

1 comment:

Heidi Perez said...

Haha! Did you wait under the table?! Lol that's too funny. Also funny that Sam was still using his arm. Poor kids.
Good post :)