Saturday, September 29, 2012

Campers

We went camping at the beginning of the month with the Bakers.  Sam is our stick finder, and he's a good one.

 We don't have sleeping bags, so we just bring all the blankets we can find.  We were all warm enough, but we needed every blanket we brought.  This was the first time Thomas has slept outside of the pack'n play while camping.  Sam and Thomas did really well sleeping side by side like that.  

Stephen Baker and Thomas enjoying some breakfast snacks.

 Stephen, Thomas, Eliza, and Sam.  We had to try a few times and never really got a great shot.


Dave, Catherine (with Beth strapped on) Eliza, Robert, Stephen, and Sam.

 Turkey sighting!

We took a hike down to the lake.  The kids threw rocks into the lake, making small splashes, despite a sign warning not to make skin contact with the water.  They should really make it sound more foreboding to strike a little fear into our hearts.  Something like, "Do not make skin contact with water.  If you do, your skin will be eaten away by vicious bacteria."  It's like that sign on BYU campus that says, "Do not walk alone in this area after dark ..."  leaving the rest to your imagination.


I don't know, this one is just random.  They're turning the fire truck into Noah's ark.

We studied the bones of the body in preschool.  I figured since Sam broke his, it was a good time to learn about it.  He now is brace-free.  He's supposed to wear it when he's out playing, but it's awfully hard to remember it even though I keep it by the door.



Sam is quite the chef!  He is the official pancake maker in our house.  In this picture he is helping make tortillas.  They didn't turn out as well this time as they usually do, but that had nothing to do with Sam.  Maybe I used a different recipe than I have in the past?

Sam decided to dress in Dave's clothes.  Good thing those shorts have a draw string!

And now with just Dave's socks!
 This was just this morning.  I've started going for short runs again and since the kids are always awake before I go I have been taking them.  They usually have a blanket but this morning Sam decided to travel in comfort.  They had a blanket, a pillow, cheez-its and water.  If you look closely you can see Thomas' first black eye.  I don't know how it happened.  I'll try to get a better picture on here sometime.  Last night Sam and Thomas were playing in the pack'n play which was set up randomly.  They were back in Thomas' room and suddenly we heard a crash and they both started crying.  It had tipped over somehow and I think they both hit the dresser.  Thomas had a scrape next to his eye (not the same one he nearly gouged a couple of weeks ago) and a puffy purple eye this morning.  Sam had a big scrape on his back.  My goodness!  Who knew that could happen with a pack'n play!



3 comments:

Wendy said...

We saw turkeys today, too!

Sam looks awesome in Dave's socks.

How are you?? I am wanting to write you an email and chat about the RS broadcast and such, but I am up too late already. You're on my mind!

Tanya Michaelis said...

Super cute Patti! I love the socks!

Anonymous said...

You guys are brave to go camping with the kids. My girls are too scared to stay out in the woods. And I love the picture with the underware and socks. Save that one for the wedding video!