Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sam 会说中文 (speaks Chinese)

Well this is just to show off the cupcakes I made for my friend, MaryAnne's, baby shower. P.S. She's in labor right now. She's having a little girl. We brought home some extra cupcakes and pacifiers. Sam, of course, doesn't realize that it's girly to suck on a pink pacifier, so he's been enjoying the plethora of pacifiers at his disposal.


Last week Sam started to repeat "baba" after I said it. He very deliberately moves his whole jaw when he says it. This may not seem very exciting to some of you, but in Chinese "baba" means "father" so we're just going to go ahead and count it as a word...sort of.


Sam's new favorite thing to do right now is pull plugs out of the outlet. I've already plugged the computer in 3 times since I've started this post. I don't know what is so fun about it, but it's irresistible to him. He can't help but scurry over to the cord and pull it out. The good news is, his tooth that has been working its way in has finally come through! Hooray! That makes two teeth on bottom and two on top. And Sam turned nine months old yesterday. I can't believe how fast he's growing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those cupcakes are amazing! How did you do that? Super impressed.

Angi said...

I agree. Those cupcakes are awesome! Super crafty. Sam is getting so big too. I love his facial expression when he says "ba ba." What a cutie!