Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Never a dull moment



Sam has one tooth on top that has come in, but he's still working on another one so he's really into chewing and sucking on things-especially his socks. He crawls around the house with a sock in his mouth like it's a doggy bone. It's pretty funny looking.
He's already practicing to become better than his mom and dad at playing the piano. I think he's already surpassed his mom.
Happy to have food all over his face.
Fun in the kitchen.


We haven't had a lot of Kodak moments lately for whatever reason, but I thought you might get a laugh out of our all-too-exciting diaper changing experiences in the last week.

Sam hasn't peed with his diaper off since he was a couple of months old, so lately I've been letting him crawl around a bit while I clean up the old diaper mess before I put his new diaper on because it is absolutely difficult to get him to sit still for an entire diaper changing routine.

This seemed to be working out well and the diaper changing experience was easier over all--until about a week ago when he surprised me. The first time was before a bath. I changed his diaper and then left him naked and told him to follow me to the bathroom for his bath. He pretty much always follows me, especially into the bathroom because he doesn't usually get to go in there. I went into the bathroom and turned on the bath water and waited for him to catch up. He took a little bit longer than usual, but I didn't think much of it. It wasn't until after his bath that I discovered the lovely wet spot on the carpet next to his crib. That was incident number one.

Then a couple of days later, naively thinking the previous experience was a unique one, I left the diaper off while I cleaned up his old diaper mess, only to hear splattering on the carpet a second later. That was incident number two.

This morning we had incident number three (apparently I'm a slow learner). After changing a diaper filled to capacity and then some (out the sides and back), I decided to quickly clean that mess up, toss that diaper, and then put Sam's new diaper on. I started to do this and then remembered that Sam has peed on the carpet twice in the last week, so I should probably put the new diaper on first. I grabbed the new diaper and was about to grab Sam, but I wasn't fast enough. He managed to urinate on himself, his sock, the carpet, and the baby gate all in one try. He's so innocent and cheerful about it all that I really can't be upset with him. And I do scrub and sanitize quite thoroughly, for those of you who were worried. I'm just grateful it's only been urine. Anyway, if you wonder why I've been neglecting the blog, it's because I'm busy scrubbing the carpet.

3 comments:

Angi said...

Sam is such a cutie. I can't believe how big he's getting. Don't feel to bad about the diaper changing incidents. I'm a slow learner too. I think they do it just to mess with us. Our little one pees in the bath-tub on a regular basis. I finally got smart enough to take the diaper off right before I put her in. I think she thinks it's funny. Hopefully you won't be stuck cleaning the carpet for too much longer. :)

Anonymous said...

Just wait till he starts potty training and you find little "presents" in the corners of your house. HA! That is why God made Oxyclean and Frebreeze. PS: Im pregnant!

Christy said...

I had a dream last night that a baby boy peed on me from across the room. Maybe it's dejavu with Sam, or maybe I'm having a boy. :)