Sunday, March 18, 2012

Busy week



This last week had some rough spots. The combination of day-light savings, a rainy week, trouble falling asleep, and Sam coming to sleep in our room every night in the middle of the night made for some frustration and lack of patience. But it seemed to get better as the week went on. So the good news is, I think we're adjusted to day light saving time, it didn't rain yesterday or today, I fell asleep normally last night, and Sam stayed in his bed last night. I'm not counting on Sam staying in his bed again tonight, but it was nice last night.

Last week also felt busy. On Monday night we went to make dinner at the men's shelter with the Dullums. That's always a lot of work, but I'm glad we do it. I was just reading President Uchtdorf's talk from last conference (I'm behind) on Providing in the Lord's Way. He really emphasized taking care of the poor in the Lord's way and I felt that it confirmed to me that making meals at the men's shelter is good.

Tuesday night we picked Dave up at school and he gave blood. Sam was quite interested and concerned about that idea, but I think he felt better about it when Dave seemed ok afterwards.

Wednesday morning Thomas had a doctor's appt. He finally stopped coughing up/throwing up mucus after 15 days of it. But this was just a regular well-check. Now he doesn't have to go back until 3! Wednesday morning Sam also started pre-school. It's just him and one other kid that a mom and I are taking turns teaching. My turn teaching was on Friday. It was fun! Sam is so excited.

Wednesday evening Dave had a basketball game. They lost, but it's still fun for him. It's always fun to hear people react to Dave's mad skills because they don't expect him to be that good. Thursday morning I dropped the kids off with the Yeates and went to a RS presidency meeting. I think we might have stayed home Thursday night. Friday night we took the kids to the Bigelows and went on a date. It was really nice. We walked in the rain to get nachos at our favorite restaurant and went to Target to get a couple of things.

After out date Dave went with the scouts to the airport to take a tour big, cool airplanes. Other than a couple of kids cancelling at the last minute, it sounds like it was a success and the kids enjoyed it. It's nice for them to have something good to do on a Friday night I think. Dave got back late, but I was still awake due to the aforementioned trouble falling asleep.

Yesterday morning Dave woke up early and made green hash browns. Sam took every chance he could to pinch. Then Dave played basketball at the church-just practice. Then we dropped our kids off at the Bair's and went to the temple. It was a FULL session! But it was nice. There were about 120 people in the session, and only about 20 men. I think it was a stake RS activity (not ours). The woman behind me joked that this is what the women to men ratio will be like in the celestial kingdom. That's a little harsh, but it made me laugh.

Dave took Sam to soccer yesterday but apparently it was cancelled. They played around for a while though and Sam still got all the bribery we promised him if he went to soccer. He was reluctant, but with the promise of brownies and ice cream, and with writing down the plan of how he could get them, he went.

Church today was nice. Happy 170th birthday RS.

This is the soccer video I was trying to put on my last post. It's Sam's first soccer class. In this video he is the last one to get his tail pulled off. That's my boy!

The next video is just about Sam putting the dishes away for us in the early morning before we dragged ourselves out of bed.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey Patty! We are having similar sleep issues, it seems, except my guy is waking up 60 to 90 minutes early to go potty, and then won't go back to sleep. UGH. It still ends up with crabby child and Mom. I hope we both bet better results this week!

I like the format you are doing for your blog--the retelling of days' events and your honesty. I don't want mine to be all show-casey like I did this last entry, if that makes sense.

Take care!

Teresa said...

Run Sam Run. Whether Dave wants to admit to his ability to run or not. Between his mother and father Sam has been born into a family of runners. Loved your blog. Grandma T