Sunday, April 15, 2012

Basketballers

This week was a little rough again.  Just like it was 4 weeks ago.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.  Biology?  Yes, I think so.

Monday-music makers and men's shelter.  The men's shelter was nice.  It was the most appreciative group yet.  And we also for some reason had tons of food leftover.

Tuesday it rained.  It was a tiresome day, so we went out to dinner.  That was nice.  Dave let me choose where to go and what to get.

Wednesday was my first voice lesson with Keturah.  She moved here a year or less ago.  I asked her if she taught voice, and she said yes.  So I put that on the back burner.  But it turns out they're moving in a couple of months (or less?) so I'm just trying to get a few lessons in before she moves.  I loved my first lesson.  What I really like about Keturah is not only her ability to sing, but her way about it.  It's beautiful and humble when I've heard her sing.  That's how I would like to sing.

Thursday morning-RS meeting.  First we took Dave to school and went to the market.  I love the market.  The longer we live here, the more I feel myself getting attached to things about this place.  I just love getting fresh fruits and veggies that are locally grown.

Friday-I think it was rainy again.  The hard thing about not feeling well when you're a mom is that sometimes you just feel like you need 30 minutes to yourself to relax and rest and maybe meditate.  But it's hard to get that time.  And maybe I miss some chances too.  We went to Costco.  After that trip I was missing the normal grocery stores that have everything you need.  I buy groceries at 3 different places.  Usually not all in one week, but last week we went to Target twice, and Costco, and the market.  It was ok b/c it was a rainy week so we needed to get out anyway, but still.  We watched Lucy-cute little Lucy.

Saturday-Dave and the scouts went to the annual pancake breakfast which raises money for scout camp.  When he got back our 5 year old neighbor boy knocked on the door.  Dave still had his scout shirt on and the boy said in his New Zealand accent, "What are you?"  I thought it was pretty funny.  That morning wasn't too bad.  One funny thing happened.  We went outside to the park and saw some friends (Dan and Denise) pull up and park.  They were going to visit the Bigelow's (Ben and Sophie), our neighbors.  So we said hello and they mentioned how nice it is that we have the park so close, and what a nice day, etc.  I agreed that it is really nice.  Then they went inside.  When Sophie and Denise came back outside a few minutes later I was carrying a crying Thomas and followed by a screaming (and I mean screaming) Sam on his bike.  So much for our lovely time at our lovely park.  Denise and Sophie helped me get the kids back.  I'm always so grateful for understanding friends when my kids are screaming.  

That reminds me on Thursday Thomas didn't want to get in his car seat.  So he screamed all the way home from the RS meeting.  Our neighbors, not the Bigelows, the Finns were outside when I walked to our door with a wiggling and screaming Thomas in my arms.  Sonne (Mrs. Finn) was so understanding.  She said, "Looks like somebody didn't get everything he wanted when he wanted it."  I explained his greivance and she said with an understanding and warm smile, "Oh yes, you are such a bad mom."  Maybe that sounds rude, but it wasn't rude how she said it.  It was perfect.  I hope I'm understanding like that.

Back to Saturday-I dunno.  We made our 2nd trip to Target for the week.  I had the quiet me-time I'd been craving and that seemed to boost my spirits.  And just having Dave home is so nice.  My sister and her husband run a business from their home and she said it is soo nice to have him home to help with the kids.  Oh well.  I'm grateful Dave is very helpful when he is home.  In fact, I think sometimes I'm lazier when he's home.

Sunday-Today was Sam's first time singing with the Primary in Sacrament meeting.  He's been wanting to do this for a long time.  He was one of the first ones up there and stood right in the front.  He looked just great. he sang, he smiled, and you couldn't even see that his shirt was untucked from where we sat.  It was fun.  Tonight we had dinner with Sariah.  She makes for great company.

Here are some great videos and pictures.  (I think they're great!)


Thomas and Sam have been playing a lot of basketball lately.  I love how Thomas points down the basket after he makes it in the first one.  That cracks me up.  Sam likes to talk about basketballers, as well as be one.  After he made a few shots in a row he said, "I'm as good as Daddy now!"







So we didn't get pictures of Easter, but luckily we didn't finish dying eggs until the Tuesday after Easter.  So we did get some pictures of that.



A couple of times this week I'd go into Thomas' room after his nap to get him out of his crib, but he'd do this instead.  He was showing me some other cool moves too, but this is a pretty good sample.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

My guy loves watching your videos. Sorry about the monthly hard week. :)

I'm excited for you to be taking voice lessons! Good for you!

It IS hard to find that thirty minutes to ourselves. Some families have the "quiet time" thing mastered, but I have not. Even that way, though, that 30 minutes is not always right when we need it. Wish we were neighbors still--we could take turns with the kids!