Monday, April 30, 2012

Visitors! and Preschool?

It is so hard to think of what we did last week.  I do remember that Wednesday night the Cooks came!  It was so fun to see them.  If only we could have spent more time with them!  Thursday we went with the all the cousins to the exploratorium.  It was really fun-again I wish it could have lasted longer.




Thursday evening Teresa came.  Friday we took it easy-walked to Target for no real reason.  That's a dangerous thing to do.  But we didn't spend too much money.

Saturday morning Dave went with the scouts to a ward service project.  The rest of us went hung out here and went to a University Village yard sale.  Dave helped a family move and did some work.  I guess those first couple of days with Teresa were kind of boring!  Sunday was a nice day at church.  I got to give a ride to a lady and her 2 kids to church.  She has met with the missionaries some and just loved church.  It was great to give her a ride and hear how happy she seemed about the feelings she had.  After church Teresa checked her blood sugar and it was really low-so that was kind of scary.  But she quickly drank some chocolate milk and pulled out of it.  Phew!  Interestingly, Dave also checked his blood sugar after church just out of curiosity and it was below normal.  Hmm.  Sunday night we had a birthday dinner for Teresa.  We had shish kabobs, caprise salad, corn on the cob, and angel food cake.  Yum!



This morning we went to a little beach for a while.  It was really nice!



Teresa went home today.  I forgot to tell Thomas that she'd be leaving during his nap, so he was looking for her when he woke up.  Thanks for visiting Teresa!

I want to add that I loved the lesson in relief society.  Lesli taught a lesson about finding/using our strengths to make a difference in the world.  This is something that has been on my mind lately.  I feel like I've been going through a process of trying to discover my strengths and what I can do with them.  Did I already write about this comment I read on Ashmae's blog?  I'm sorry I don't know who said it, but one of Ashley's friends said that she found that she discovered the things she most wanted to change about herself, both physical and spiritual, were also her greatest strengths.  This really has changed how I view myself, as well as other people.  Things that in some situations are weakness are great strengths in other situations.  So it seems in order to use your strengths, you might want to seek out situations in which your strongest character traits are beneficial.

Finally, the last thing I've been thinking about is preschool.  I've been doing a mom co-op preschool.  But what about the fall.  Do I enroll Sam in preschool, or do I keep him home for this precious last year before he heads off to school?  You can probably tell which way I'm leaning (the latter), but I worry that maybe he won't be prepared socially or educationally for school if I don't put him in preschool.  Any advice for me?

3 comments:

Kristen said...

You should do what is best for you and Sam. Kids don't really need preschool, you can teach them everything at home. I did like the two day preschool option to help my kids get excited about being in school for kindergarten.

Tanya Michaelis said...

I feel like my kids have transitioned into kindergarten really well without preschool, but they have an awesome kindergarten teacher and every child is different, too. Alyssa also knew the teacher and classroom well before starting. Good luck deciding!

Teresa said...

As I sent Rachel off to 1st grade I remember thinking that I had wasted being with her the previous two years by sending her to pre-school. And I was sad. But all of my children loved pre-school and loved being with their friends. They all went with neighborhood friends. Mixed feelings. Good-luck, there is no right or wrong answer on that one. I loved having the extra time to myself also. So who knows what I would do now. Probably the same thing. Love your blog. Grandma T